Return to home page

Rapid growth is causing delays in resource consents, engineering approval, subdivision approval and responses to general planning enquiries. Read more...

Building Complaints

Complaints about building consent processing or certification

If you would like to make a complaint in regards to processing or certification of a building consent you can fill in the online “Make a Complaint” form.

Alternatively, you can email your complaint to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or post it in writing to Matamata-Piako District Council, PO Box 266, Te Aroha, 3342. 

Please see the Building Complaints Policy for more information.


BCA Determinations process

If you would like to take a decision about a building consent further, then a Determination can be obtained from MBIE.