Proposed temporary road closure - Kenrick Street (SH26), Lawrence Avenue, Whitaker Street (SH26), Boundary Street, Rewi Street – Te Aroha
Note: COVID-19 restrictions must be at L1 or lower for this event to proceed
Matamata-Piako District Council proposes to close the following roads to ordinary vehicular traffic for the period stated below so the Te Aroha Business Association can conduct the 2021 Aroha Cruise-In classic car, motorcycle, hot rod and retro caravan event.
Roads to be closed
- Kenrick Street (SH26), between Rewi Street and Church Street
- Lawrence Avenue, between Rewi Street and Church Street
- Whitaker St (SH26), between Burgess Street and Wilson Street
- Boundary Street, between Rewi Street and Church Street
- Rewi Street, between Kenrick Street (SH26) Lawrence Avenue
- All State Highway 26 traffic to be diverted via Lipsey Street and Burgess Street. All southbound traffic to be diverted via Rewi Street and August Street.
Date and time of closure
Saturday 13 November 2021 5.30am – 4.00pm
Any person wishing to make a submission on the proposed closure should do so in writing, to Leanne Keenan, to reach the Matamata-Piako District Council Office at PO Box 266, Te Aroha, by midday Thursday 14th October 2021.
This notice is made pursuant to the Transport (Vehicle Traffic Road Closure) Regulations Act 1965.
Chief Executive Officer
- Te Poi Road - from 29 October (weather dependant): Roadworks will get underway on Te Poi Road (from the intersection of SH24 through to the intersection of SH29) on 29 October. The road will then close to through traffic from 1 November for approximately six weeks. These works are to address wear and tear, and provide an improved, stronger road surface. A detour will be in place via other connecting roads, however, this will add approximately 10-12 mins to travel time for traffic heading to and from Matamata/Rotorua/Tokoroa. Please drive with care and allow extra time for your journey.