Normal Opening Hours
Transfer stations are open from 10am to 4pm on selected days:
- Matamata Transfer Station - 220b Tauranga Rd, 07 888 5700; Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat & Sun
- Morrinsville Transfer Station - 168b Roache Road - 07 889 3401 Monday, Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun
- Waihou Transfer Station - 4277 State Highway 26 - 07 884 8831 Wed, Fri & Sun
All transfer stations will be closed on Good Friday, Anzac Day (until 1pm - transfer stations will be open after 1pm on ANZAC Day), Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day and 2 January.
Domestic quantities (up to 10 litres) of hazardous waste and oil can also be disposed of for $18 at the transfer stations, including solvents (labelled), cleaning fluids (labelled), paints, car batteries and oils. Fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides may also be disposed of if they are placed in a sealed, clear plastic bag and labelled. Larger quantities may be accepted by prior arrangement.
The following things can be disposed of at refuse transfer stations:
- General refuse
- Organic waste
- Scrap steel (free depending on the amount)
- Vehicle tyres (excluding rims and inner tubes): car, 4WD or light truck, truck, tractor (less than 40"), tractor (40" or more). Please note: whole tyres only. Cut tyres will not be accepted
- Electronic Waste (e-waste)
- Batteries (put clear tape on the ends)
Charges are based on weight rather than volume. All vehicles pass over a weigh bridge and a fee is applied according to the weight of the refuse or green-waste. A minimum charge is applied for small loads.
Please see pages 20-21 of the fees and charges document for more information. There is no charge for recycling or refuse in official Matamata-Piako District Council rubbish bags.
Please note that we do not accept cash or cheques. Contactless payments only.