Temporary road closures
Kenrick Street (SH26), Lawrence Avenue, Whitaker Street (SH26), Boundary Street, Rewi Street – Te Aroha,
Saturday 1 October 2022 5.30am – 5.30pm
We will be closing the below roads to ordinary vehicular traffic so the Te Aroha Business Association can conduct the 2022 Aroha Cruise-In classic car, motorcycle, hot rod and retro caravan event.
- Kenrick Street (SH26), between Rewi Street and Church Street
- Lawrence Avenue, between Rewi Street and Church Street
- Whitaker St (SH26), between Burgess Street and Wilson Street
- Boundary Street, between Rewi Street and Church Street
- Rewi Street, between Kenrick Street (SH26) Lawrence Avenue
All State Highway 26 traffic to be diverted via Lipsey Street and Burgess Street. All southbound traffic to be diverted via Rewi Street and August Street.
Check out the map below for detour spots.
Proposed temporary road closures
Watch this space for upcoming proposed temporary road closures.
Morrinsville Tahuna Road, 15 August - Approximately 12 -13 weeks to complete
Our contractors J.Swap will be carrying out road works on a section of Morrinsville Tahuna Road from Monday 15 August and will approximately take 12-13 weeks to complete. So that contractors can carry out the sealed road pavement rehabilitation. We advise that there will be traffic delays during this time. If possible consider using alternative routes as shown on the map below.
Please note that the start date and works schedule time frame are weather dependent and subject to change but we will keep you informed here.
From our partners
Waka Kotahi (NZTA) have advised us of a number of road works that may affect residents in Matamata-Piako.
Te Aroha Bridge
Maintenance works beginning 15 March and continuing for up to three months.
- Stage 1: Install scaffolding - lane closures, footpath closures and shoulder closures – approx. five days.
- Stage 2: Concrete repairs from scaffolding under bridge and site inspections – up to three months.
- Stage 3: Remove scaffolding - lane closures, footpath closures and shoulder closures – approx. five days.