A LIM (Land Information Memorandum) is a report about a specific property prepared by the Council at your request. It contains all the information Council knows about the land and buildings, including:
- Zoning, designations, protected trees etc
- Building consent information
- Private and public stormwater and sewerage drains
- Swimming pools
- Land and capital value
- Resource consents
- Special land features (e.g. wind zones, flood risk, etc)
- Water (whether or not the property is metered)
- Health licences/regulations
As well as any other information Council has that it considers to be relevant. If you are considering purchasing a property in the Matamata-Piako District, it is recommended that you get a LIM before finalising the purchase.
Please note that LIM reports are based on a search of Council records only and there may be other information relating to the land that Council does not know about, such as any or unauthorised buildings or works on the property.
Thinking of purchasing a property? Find out about what you need to know when buying.