Long Term Plan (LTP)
Council is required to produce and update a Long Term Plan (LTP) every three years. This plan must be reviewed every three years, with an Annual Plan developed on the years in between. The LTP outlines Council’s activities for the next ten years, providing a long-term focus for decision making.
Long Term Plan 2015-25
The Long Term Plan is “the big one” – it outlines all the services and projects we’re planning for the next ten years, what they’re going to cost, and how we’ll fund them (including what rates increases are likely to be for the next ten years).
This plan affects everyone in our district – so it’s important that you read it. It was adopted on Wednesday 24 June, 2015 and became effective on 1 July 2015.
The plan is broken into three parts which can be downloaded individually below.
- Long Term Plan - Part one, Introduction (pdf, 3.1MB)
- Long Term Plan - Part two, What we do (pdf, 2.4MB)
- Long Term Plan - Part three, Financials (pdf, 1.2MB)
Some services referred to in this plan are targeted rates (charged to only those people who receive those services). The maps below show two of the targeted rating areas:
Long Term Plan 2012-22:
- Part 1 (pdf, 2.4MB) - An introduction to the plan and important background information
- Part 2 (pdf, 4.4MB) - Descriptions of all Council services and activities and what we're planning for the next ten years
- Part 3 (pdf, 3MB) - Financial information and policies